October 6, 2023- October 8, 2023 AND October 28, 2023- October 29, 2023
Looking to improve the program for your unit? Or improve yourself, personally and professionally? Looking for the next step? Look no further! We have the answer and it’s called Wood Badge!
What are some of the things that I’ll be doing in Wood Badge?
- Putting the Patrol Method into practice by camping, cooking, and working as a team.
- Camping in a patrol of 6-7 adult leaders.
- Learning and applying different leadership styles and techniques.
- Learning fun and interactive games that work well in your units.
- Learning effective managerial skills in a class-room environment.
- Solving problems and meeting challenges.
- Developing friendships that will last a lifetime.
- Having a great time with lots of fun!
Within this framework, participants take part in numerous presentations, discussions, and activities that explore and advance a wide range of leadership philosophies and tools. A key area is the process of team development, where participants learn to apply appropriate leadership strategies at varying stages of team development.
There are five central themes of the Wood Badge course:
- Living the Values
The first weekend of the course (8am Friday 10/6 - 5pm Sunday 10/8) parallels three weeks of a Scout unit’s meetings and activities while the second weekend (8am Saturday 10/28 - 5pm Sunday 10/29) parallels the experiences of a Scout unit setting out on the fourth week of a month for an exciting and challenging outdoor experience.
Sign up today and take the first step towards the best training you can earn as a volunteer!
Come enjoy the most fun you’ll have in Scouting… without children!
$250 In Council until December 31, 2022
$275 In Council after December 31, 2022
$275 Out of Council before December 31, 2022
$300 Out of Council after December 31, 2022
REGISTRATION OPENS 10/15/2022
The course is limited to 48 participants, so register early to avoid missing out!!