Scouting at Home!
On this page you will find useful program for all types of Scouts, leaders and parents. You will also find new temporary advancement guidelines to help your Scouts move through the process during this time. We hope all of our Scouters stay safe and healthy. We hope the below material is helpful and we can’t wait to rejoin you with the program once this phase is behind us. In the meantime Scout On!
Cub Scouting at Home!
All Cub Scouts
- Cub Scout Preview Adventure: Protect Yourself
- Cub Scout Preview Adventure: Yo Yo
- Cub Scout Bingo
- Hiking Games for Cubs
Scouts BSA at Home!
Conduct virtual Patrol Leaders Council meetings via teleconference or web video conferencing. Ensure to maintain two-deep leadership throughout the virtual meeting.
Encourage Patrol Leaders to communicate digitally with their patrol members.
30 Day Rank Challenges
Merit Badges that can be completed at home include:
National News and Resources
- National Statement and Response to Covid-19
- Merit badges for social distancing: 58 badges Scouts can complete at home
- SCOUTS CONTRIBUTE TO COMMUNITY SAFETY DURING COVID-19
- Bridging Podcast
- Boy’s Life Issues Online
- How to conduct a board of review through videoconferencing
- Scouting Show & Tell: Scouting remotely
- Special Edition Jamboree on the Internet (JOTI) April 3rd-5th
- Good Turns during the coronavirus: Acts of Scouting service you can do from home
- Stuck Inside? 25 Fun Projects to Do With Stuff From Around the House
Other Home Adventures & Online Tools
The CDC is recommending to be careful with meetings and travel and use teleconferencing when possible. Here are some free online communication tools:
With many schools closing, families may be looking for some free activities they can do at home. Here are a just a few ideas for kids, parents, or the whole family:
- Take virtual museum tours
- Take an online course
- Make some music
- Progress along the Cub Scout Advancement Trail
- Watch TED Talks to get “ideas worth spreading”
- Find a merit badge that you may want to earn
- Listen to podcasts like CubCast or ScoutCast
- Make your own word games
- Make homemade playdough
- Practice knot tying
- Take advantage of the online learning opportunities for Scout leaders
The Metropolitan Opera is offering free streaming of their performances. Just click on their link to see what is available https://www.metopera.org/
Google Arts & Culture. offers links to more than 250 museums
The Houston Zoo also has webcams set up for a variety of animals
The Georgia Aquarium has a 24-hour live-stream to watch a beluga whale, penguins, puffins and more https://www.georgiaaquarium.org/webcam/ocean-voyager/
The San Diego Zoo has a lot to choose from. Scroll down and see the variety of animals that can be viewed from the comfort of your home. https://zoo.sandiegozoo.org/live-cams
The Smithsonian National Zoo has a panda cam. https://nationalzoo.si.edu/webcams/panda-cam
Virtual Tour of Stunning Libraries
Take a walk through the New York Botanical Gardens
National Park Virtual Tours: The National Parks have collaborated with Google Arts and Culture to provide virtual tours of 5 National Parks!
- Kenai Fjords National Park, Alaska (glaciers, fjords, and icebergs!)
- Dry Tortugas National Park, Florida (remotely located more than 70 miles west of Key West; includes a Civil War-era fort!)
- Hawai'i Volcanoes National Park, Hawaii (see the Nahuku Lava Tube!)
- Carlsbad Caverns National Park, New Mexico (more than 100 caves in the Chihuahuan Desert!)
- Bryce Cavern National Park, Utah (a Dark Sky certified National Park!)
- The Metropolitan Opera: Free online streaming of performances!