The Jersey Shore Council is excited once again to offer Internet Rechartering to your unit. We think you’ll love this method for rechartering, because you’ll be completing the charter renewal information yourself—which ensures that it will be correct—and you can do it from your home or office, anytime that it’s convenient for you. It’s a secure, easy-to-use application accessed from the BSA Rechartering Website.
What You Need to Recharter
- A unit ID and portal access code is emailed to all Cubmasters, Scoutmasters, Crew Advisors, and Committee Chairs, usually in October to be used to access the BSA Rechartering Site.
- Training- Make sure all your adults are trained in their specific position. All adults must have youth protection training. Adults without training can delay the posting of the charter https://www.jerseyshorescouts.org/training
- Applications- All new youth and adults that are being added to the unit must have a completed application. Youth Applications must be signed up by the unit leader or designee. Adult applications must be signed by the charter representative. All new adults must sign the new background disclosure form found here. Missing applications or signatures will delay your recharter being posted.
- A record of all updates to your unit roster — youth and adults — since your last recharter.
- A current Journey to Excellence scorecard for your unit’s program type (ie Pack. Troop, Crew, etc). Find updated JTE scorecards here.
- Check your unit’s BeAScout.org pin to ensure all contact info is up-to-date. Find more information about Online Registration for Unit Leaders here.
- Contact information for your District Executive or Commissioner in case you have questions.
- Payment: Make sure to collect the correct amount per adult and per youth for your unit. If your unit pays online there is a 3% service charge. To avoid this fee you can pay the Jersey Shore Council directly with a check. You can find the update fee structure here.
- Complete the recharter process online! You can find a step by step PowerPoint on how to recharter here.