Powder Horn Training for 2017
Citta Scout Reservation
June 9-11, 2017
Powder Horn Goals
- Introduction to a variety of high adventure resources necessary to provide a robust outdoor program that turns those yawns into enthusiastic screams!
- Knowledge of how to identify local resources and consultants for high adventure activities
- Knowledge of the health/safety requirements of and rules for the BSA outdoor program
This course is not a total training program enabling members to be an expert or even self-sufficient in any aspect of outdoor skills. Participant in hands on activities is not required but highly encouraged to expand your knowledge.
Experts will present topics from both within the outside the BSA community. Emphasis will be placed on a variety of activities to expand your program for older Scouts. All meals will be cooked and served by staff. The proposed topics are being evaluated and planned for the course and participants will attend at least 15 sessions, most of which are hands on opportunities:
Action Archery • Astronomy • All-Terrain Vehicles • Backpacking • Canoeing and Rowing • Cave Exploration • Climbing and Rappelling • Conservation • Cycling • COPE • Ecology/Plants and Wildlife • Equestrian • Emergency Prep/Search and
Rescue • Fishing • Geocaching • History Trails • Hiking including the Appalachian Trail •Hunter Safety • Kayaking • Leave No Trace • Living History • Lumberjacking • Orienteering • Outdoor Living • Sailing • SCUBA • Shooting Sports including air rifles and pistols • Wilderness First Aid • Wilderness Survival • Winter Sports
· Registered as an Adult Leader
· Fully trained in your position
· 14 years of age registered in a Troop or Crew
$125 before December 31, 2016
$150 after January 1, 2017