The Council-wide Popcorn sale represents a money-earning opportunity that benefits the Scout, the unit and Council alike. While units can fund part or all of their program year with one or both of the two annual Popcorn sales, some units empower individual Scouts with the ability to earn their way to camp. These Scouts accomplish personal goals to fully fund their summer camping experience. To offically signup for the sale, please complete the forrm at the bottom of this page!
Early Bird Unit Order Due: June 30th
Early Bird Pickup: July 14th
Show and Sell Unit Order Due: August 13th
Show and Sell Pickup: September 11th
Returns with no penalty: October 15th
Take Order Unit Order Due: November 1st
FINAL Return Day: November 1st
Take Order Pickup: November 22nd
Final Payment Due: November 22nd
·Prize Orders will be released once final payment is made.
Unit Base Commission
All units earn 35% of all sales!
Unit Bonus Commissions – up to an additional 8%
•+2% Bonus Commission when your unit sells over $12,500 or any units that sells an average of $425 per scout
•+2% Bonus Commission- when your unit sells over $7,500 or any units that sells an average of $250 per scout
•+2% Bonus Commission when your unit sells over $3,000
•+2% Bonus Commission- 100% Trails End Application, register all selling scouts in the application, and submit final payment by November 22, 2021
Do all the above and you receive the MAX commission 43%!
All online sales earn 35% with free shipping all orders over $55*!
Average sales per scout will be calculated based on the unit’s registered number of scouts as of August 31, 2021.
All Unit prize orders are actually an additional 4-5% which really brings your total commission close to 50%.
STEPS FOR A SUCCESSFUL SALE
Set a sales goal for your unit and for each den or patrol. Most important step a unit can do. Base the goal on your actual budget needs.
Communicate the units plan to assist leaders and committee members and together, determine a sales goal or each Scout, based on the unit’s goal.
Conduct a “fun-filled’ kick-off event for Scouts and their parents.
Emphasize what the Scouts will receive for hitting their goal.
Provide a letter to the parents that clearly spells out:
the purpose of the sale.
How the money raised will be used.
And what the “per-Scout goal” is
Consider using some of the unit’s commission to offer additional incentives that your Scouts really want.
Encourage ALL your Scouts to go out and sell! 67% of people will buy when asked and less than 30% of the public is asked.
Sell to friends, family members, neighbors, etc.
Take the “Take order form” to work.
Set up an organized “Blitz Day” at the beginning of the sale to help give your Scouts a good start to their sale.
Have a victory celebration!
Have a fun activity planned at the end of your “Blitz Day”
In order to ensure a successful popcorn sale for both your unit and the council, the 2021 Popcorn Committee has once again established a Show and Sell Return Policy. All popcorn is a liability for the council so we encourage you to follow a few key practices:
- Check on your outstanding inventory and make frequent honest assessments on your unit’s ability to sell.
- Subscribe to a time based sales plan (i.e. we are halfway through the sale…Have we sold least half of our inventory?).
- Check with your District Kernel or District Executive if you have an inventory challenge…too much or too little popcorn can usually find a home with enough notice.
- Work toward zero return policy so that every dollar of popcorn revenue provides programs for your boys.
- Try to use unsold Show and Sell product to fill your take order forms and only order what you need to complete your take order.
- The Show and Sell part of the Popcorn Sale is an excellent way for your Scouts to sell popcorn and provide the product directly to our customers. Any returns to the Jersey Shore Council of unsold product on or before October 15, 2021 will have no fees or penalties (as long as products are returned in the original condition). This gives council ample amount of time to redistribute unused popcorn to other units or councils to reduce leftover product. Any Show and Sell popcorn returned after the October 11th deadline is subject to a JSC restocking fee. Jersey Shore Council units can return 15% or less of Show and Sell popcorn ordered without penalty. If your unit returns over 15% after the deadline, your unit will lose 2% commission for each 10% of additional popcorn returned over the 15%. Last day to return popcorn is November 1, 2021.
- Units can order up to 10% more of popcorn and still be eligible for return program. If a unit orders more than 10% of their 2019 final invoice. Any overage above the 10% is not eligible to be returned and is the responsibility of the unit.
POPCORN TRAINING VIDEOS
How to set an annual unit budget and fundraising goal!
|2021 Take Order Form||Download|
|Budget Goal Worksheet||Excel file to help you understand your potential sales goals||Download|
|How to Place Order||Step by Step instructions on how to place your unit's order on Trails End Website||Download|
|How to sell $1,000 in Online Direct||Download|
|JSC Kickoff Powerpoint||PowerPoint we reviewed at the JSC popcorn kickoff!||Download|
|Military Donation Receipts||Military Receipts to give out those who you collected military donations from||Download|
|Trail's End Mobile Application||How to download and use Trails End mobile app!||Download|
|Trails End App||Video about the Trails End App||Download|
|Unit Potential Sheet||Excel file to help you understand your potential sales goals||Download|