Registration opens on December 1, 2021
NYLT is the most advanced youth leadership training program. It is six days packed with fun and learning with the goal of building leadership skills that can be put to immediate use by our youth in their home units, school and used in the daily lives.
Based on a course outline supplied by the National Council of the Boy Scouts of America and delivered by an outstanding, youth-led staff, NYLT is designed to continue the leadership training started at the Unit level. It is meant to support and enhance the guidance and mentoring of the Scoutmaster or Crew Advisor, while pointing young men and women toward a higher level of achievement in Scouting and in life.
NYLT integrates the best of modern business leadership concepts with the traditional strengths of the Scouting experience. It centers on the concepts of what a leader must BE, what a leader must KNOW, and what a leader must DO.
Many of the key course concepts in the course are represented as mnemonics, or easy-to-remember phrases. These include:
- Vision—Goals—Planning: Creating a positive future success
- SMART goals: Specific, Measurable, Attainable, Relevant, Timely
- Planning and Problem-solving Tool: What, How, When, Who
- SSC Assessment Tool: Start, Stop, Continue
- Teaching EDGE: Explain, Demonstrate, Guide, Enable
- Stages of Team Development: Forming, Storming, Norming, Performing
- Leading EDGE: Explain, Demonstrate, Guide, Enable
- Conflict Resolution Tool: EAR – Express, Address, Resolve
- Making Ethical Decisions: Right vs. Wrong, Right vs. Right, Trivial
- Communication: MaSeR – Message, Sender, Receiver
- Valuing People: ROPE – Reach out, Organize, Practice, Experience
Scouts BSA: Recommended age 14-17 with a First Class rank and previous attendance at ILST required by start of course.
Venture Scouts: Recommended age 14-20 with Crew Advisor’s recommendation and previous attendance at ILSC required by start of course.
Explorers: Recommended age 14-20 with Crew Advisor’s recommenaton and previous attendance at ILSC required by start of course.
Sea Scouts: Recommended age 14-20 with Ship Skipper’s recommendation and previous attendance at ILSS required by start of course.
The March NYLT Course is full.
2 Weekend Course at Citta Scout Reservation
March 18-20, 2022
March 25-27, 2022
$175 if paid before March 7, 2022. $200 if paid after March 7, 2021
Registration will close on March 14, 2022 or sooner if course fills to capacity.
Out of Council:
$225 if paid before March 7, 2022. $250 if paid after March 7, 2022
Registration will close on March 14, 2022 or sooner if course fills to capacity..
Registration will close at midnight on May 3, 2021 or sooner if course fills to capacity.
All refunds require a written notice which includes contact information, reason for refund and copy of origional event reciept.
Requests received at least 15 days before an event will result in a return of 75% of the total registration fee in order to cover adminstration costs.
Requests received within 15 days of the start of the event will only be considered for medical and other emergencies.
2022 NYLT March 18, 2022 to March 20