New Scout Bootcamp
Starting June 17th at 7pm, Jersey Shore Council will be hosting a weekly online program “New Scout Bootcamp” open to any ScoutsBSA Youth in a Troop who want to advance and learn rank requirement skills while stuck inside.
This is a free program offered by Assistant Scoutmaster Carson Lee of Troop 58 from Hammonton, NJ who will be running the meetings along with guest speakers and providing digital materials to the Scouts.
This program is not intended to replace any online Troop meetings, and only a Scout’s own Troop leaders may still sign off rank requirements. After they’ve learned the material from the online class, It’s still the Scouts’ responsibility to demonstrate their knowledge and completion of requirements to their to their respective Troop leaders.
We ask that you pass this information along to your Scouts and their parents so they can sign up on the Jersey Shore Council website.
Frequently Asked Questions
- Pocketknife (Scout - 5)
- Knife sharpener (Scout - 5) (Tenderfoot - 3d)
- Paracord (Scout - 4a, 4b) (2nd Class- 2f, 2g) (1st Class - 3a, 3b, 3c)
- Lighter (Scout - 4b)
- Natural fiber rope (Scout - 4b)
- String/twine (Scout - 4b)
- First Aid Kit (Tenderfoot - 4d)
- Band aids
- 3 Triangular Bandages/Neckerchiefs
- Several gauze
- Roll of medical tape
- Small bar soap or bottle of hand sanitizer (for actual first aid)
- Gloves (for actual first aid)
- Alcohol wipes (for actual first aid)
- CPR mask (for actual first aid)
- Antibiotic ointment (for actual first aid)
- Burn cream (for actual first aid)
- Compass (2nd Class - 3a, 3b) (1st Class - 4a)
- American Flag (Tenderfoot - 7a)
Vice Chief of Admin