Scouts BSA Adventure Days
Overview: A daily program that provides Scouts BSA with opportunities to enjoy outdoor fun at Citta Scout Reservation while learning outdoor skills and completing merit badge requirements.
class="x">Dates: Three sessions are offered. Note that sessions begin on Monday and end on Thursday.
July 6-9 July 13-16 July 20-23
8:30 a.m. to 8:50 a.m. Arrival, Check-in, and Welcome
8:50 a.m. to 9:00 a.m. Opening Ceremony
9:00 a.m. to Noon Morning Session – Merit Badges and First-Year Camper Program
Noon to 1:00 p.m. Lunch
1:00 p.m. to 4:00 p.m. Afternoon Session – Merit Badges and First-Year Camper Program
4:15 p.m.. Closing and Departure
Scouts can be picked up between 4:15 p.m. and 4:30 p.m.
Merit Badges Offered: All merit badges will be instructed by the Citta Scout Reservation staff. You will select merit badges by program cohort. Read schedule below before registering for merit badges.
1. Scouts will remain with their selected program cohort during their entire day at camp.
Scouts may join different cohorts on different days. (A Scout may join the Aquatics group on Monday and the Shooting Sports group on Tuesday)
3. Scouts may register to attend 1, 2, 3, or 4 days each week.
4. If merit badge session permits, a separate swim period may be offered to each program cohort in the afternoon
Aquatics Program Cohort
Swimming, Rowing, Canoeing, Kayaking, Fishing, Oceanography, Welding
CSI/Ecology Program Cohort
Emergency Preparedness, Search and Rescue, First Aid, Environmental Science, Mammal Study, Space Exploration, Sustainability, Weather, Bird Study, NOVA awards
Handicrafts/Scoutcraft Program Cohort
Architecture, Basketry, Indian Lore, Leatherwork, Textiles, Wood Carving, Photography, Art, Collections, Camping, Geocaching, Orienteering, Pioneering, Scouting Heritage, Sign Signals & Codes
First-Year Camper Program Cohort
Camping and Cooking Skills, Woods Tools, Map and Compass, First Aid, and more!
Shooting Sports Program Cohort
Archery, Rifle Shooting, Shotgun Shooting
- Some merit badges have pre-requisites that must be completed prior to taking the badge.
- Some merit badges require purchase of program supplies. Most required program supplies can be purchased from the camp trading post.
**Environmental Science and Pioneering are two days classes. In order to complete them you must register for two days during one of the weeks.
Cost: $60 per session. (Scouts may register to attend a full four-day session for $240)
Transportation: Parents/ guardians provide transportation. Camp-provided transportation will not be provided in 2020
- All Scouts and adults must wear a mask or face covering on arrival.
- Mask/ Face-covering requirements vary by program.
- No one with a temperature above 100.4 will be admitted to camp.
- Pre-screening form will be provided to parents (addresses recent travel, pre-camp temperature checks, etc.)
- Lunch will be held outdoors. Rain shelters will be provided.
BSA Health Form: Parts A (Parent Consent and Release) and Part B (Health History) required.
Acknowledgement of Risk Form: All participants parents or guardians must fill out an Acknowledge of Risk form once. The form tells you what we at camp are doing to deal with COVID 19 but there still remains a possibility that someone could get the coronavirus while at camp. You can bring the completed form with you or you will be asked to fill it out when you arrive.
Health Officer: An on-site Health Officer will be provided
Registration: The registration link will be posted on the Council webpage by June 19th.
What to bring:
- BSA Health Form - see below
- Acknowledge of Risk Form - see below
- Bathing Suit and Towel (for optional swim)
- Medication – if prescription required administration during camp program hours.
- Any prerequisite materials for selected merit badges
- Scout Spirit and enthusiasm
- Note on Scout Uniform – Scouts are not required to wear official Class A Scout uniform. Scouts are encouraged to wear a Class B (or “Scouting appropriate” shirt if possible).
- Raingear – as appropriate for conditions
- Sun block
Feel free to contact Kevin Bishop at firstname.lastname@example.org or Camping Director Bill Zinky at email@example.com if you have any questions.
|Acknowledgement of risk - Cub Scout Day Camp||Download|
|BSA Medical Form ABC||Download|
|Campership Application Form and Instructions.pdf||Use this document to apply for a campership||Download|
|Citta Scout Reservatiion Map||Download|
|Gaiter Promo||Gaiter Promo||Download|
|Over the Counter Medication Form||Please fill out this form so, if needed, the health officer knows what OTC meds he can administer||Download|
|Pre-Reqs Scouts BSA Adventure Day||Download|
|Prescription Medication Form||If your scout has perscriptions medications, please fill out this form||Download|
|Refund Request Form - Summer Camp||Download|
|Scouts BSA Adventure Day Schedule 2020 - Week 4 Schedule||Download|
|Scouts BSA Adventure Day Schedule 2020 - Week 5 Schedule||Download|
|Scouts BSA Promo||Download|