Year-Round Camping & Rentals
There is no better place than the Joseph A. Citta Scout Reservation for your unit’s next outing. Citta boasts 9 tent sites, Lean-Too camping, cabin camping and more. CSR offers a wide variety of programs for any age group including: Kayaking, Canoeing rentals, BB/Archery, Rifle Shooting, Shotgun Shooting, Wrist Rockets, Paintball target shooting, Climbing and Rappelling, Hiking Trails and Project C.O.P.E. CSR also has many options for your training/camping needs including the Training Lodge, Citta Center, Dining Hall, Kokes Training Facility. CSR has many state of the art facilities than can turn any outing from good to great.
Facilities Available to Reserve
- Albert A. Bisch Rotary Center (Dining Hall) – Perfect for training, A/V equip available, tables and chairs for 295 and male and female bathrooms.
- Dining Hall/Kitchen – Same as above including kitchen, commercial cooking equip, walk-in refrigerator/freezer, dishwasher.
- Citta Center - Serves as a Scout Leader lounge in the summer and a conference center and winter cabin throughout the remainder of the year. Capacity is 40 for training and 32 for winter cabin. All equipped with Wi-Fi and A/V equipment. Small kitchen and multiple bathrooms are located in this facility.
- Front Building – Conference room with tables/chairs for 40, restroom – perfect for small groups.
- Training Lodge – Lodge with bunks for 24, common training area, restrooms, showers, full kitchen
- Yurts - A 16-foot round structure that sleeps 6 people!!
Current Camping Situation in New Jersey
Based on the current Executive Orders issued by the Governor, here is a quick overview of overnight camping in the Jersey Shore Council (and anywhere in New Jersey).
- Camping is Family-Camping only. This means that any youth camping overnight must be supervised by their parents or legal guardians. That supervisory responsibility cannot be delegated to other volunteers. Based on that, “unit camping is prohibited; however, some units have been able to conduct “coordinated family campouts” in which multiple families from a unit reserve campsite at Citta Scout Reservation.
- The campsite fees are as follows:
- Campsites with Electricity (Chippewa, Kewe, Mohican, Mohawk A, and Mohawk) =$8.00 per person per weekend (two nights)
- Campsites without Electricity = $6.00 per person per weekend
Please note that $30 campsite fee that was charged in previous years has been replaced by the per person fee as listed above.
Online Trading Post
Click on the following link and check out some new items with a new logo for the summer camp season. Most of these items will be available year round.
|Canoe and Kayak Rental Form||This is the Canoe and Kayak Rental Form. Once this form is completed please send to: 341Camping@scouting.org||Download|
|Citta Scout Reservation Map||Download|
|Citta Year Round Camping Roster||Please print this roster and complete this roster prior to your arrival at camp. This roster has to be turned into the Campmaster or Range upon your arrival to camp.||Download|
|COVID at risk form||COVID 19 at Risk form||Download|
|Weekend Camping Procedures for Units||NEW!!! UPDATED!!! This is the current weekend camping procedures. This explains all the procedures and policies while you enjoy your stay at America's Favorite Scout Camp, The Joseph A. Citta Scout Reservation!||Download|